Sunday, September 22, 2013

Nancy Pelosi and Pope Francis

This statement from Nancy Pelosi on national TV was just too good not to pass on.

Nancy Pelosi represents San Francisco and when I lived in San Francisco, she was my congressional Representative. (Imagine my culture shock when, on moving to St. Charles, MO., I discovered that I was in Todd Akin’s district!!)

In addition to being the first woman Speaker of the House and a very progressive Democrat, Nancy is a strong Catholic.

Sunday morning on CNN’s “State of the Union” news program, host Candace Crowley interviewed Nancy about issues political of course. Then she asked Nancy, “As a prominent Catholic, what is your response to the Pope’s interview that has been so widely reviewed?” Nancy smiled broadly and said, “He’s beginning to talk like the nuns!”

What a breath of fresh air! What a new breath from the Spirit!

In case you have not read the interview itself, I encourage you to do so. It can be accessed here:

http://www.americamagazine.org/pope-interview

Copy and paste this address into your browser address box.)

No comments:

Post a Comment